The SM45KPAxxAN/CAN Series are high-powered surface mount transient voltage suppression components designed to protect equipment and systems from the damaging effects of high voltage spikes. The surface mount package configuration provides a lower profile compared to legacy axial lead package configurations.
These devices provide 45,000 Watts of peak pulse power dissipation for an 10/1000µs waveform. Applications include AC and DC power line protection, terrestrial base station protection as well as module lightning protection.
• Relay Drives
• Motor (Start/Stop) Back EMF Protection
• Module Lightning Protection
• Secondary Lightning Protection for AC/DC
• RTCA DO-160G COMPLIANT PRODUCT
• IEC 61000-4-5 (Surge): 48A, 8/20µs - L3 (Line-Gnd), L4 (Line-Line) & L1 (Power)
• 45,000 Watts Peak Pulse Power per Line (tp=10/1000µs)
• Unidirectional & Bidirectional Configurations
• Easy Mounting to Printed Circuit Board
• Available in Multiple Voltage Types
• tClamping (0V to VBR Min.) < 100ps, Theoretical for Unidirectional and < 5ns for Bidirectional
• RoHS Compliant (Exemption #7)
Release Date: February 13 2018
Ultra Low Capacitance Surge Protector
The PTB05-ULC is an ultra low capacitance surge protection device, designed to protect high speed data lines from ESD and EOS (electrical over-stress). The device is offered in a customized DFN package and is compliant with IEC 61000-4-2 (ESD), IEC 61000-4-4 (EFT) and IEC 61000-4-5 (Surge) standards.